Monday 14 September 2015

Workplace English: Monday's Assignment

Workplace English: Monday's Assignment: Good afternoon everyone, We are still talking about telephone techniques, and here is more practice on how to make or cancel an appoint...



Good afternoon
everyone,

We are still talking
about telephone techniques, and here is more practice on how to make or cancel
an appointment.

Task 1:

 Listen to the following telephone calls to make and cancel appointments. As you listen, fill in the
blanks. Then practise each dialogue with a partner.

Conversation 1

Clinic: Dundas Medical
Clinic. Can you hold for a...
moment... ?
Patient: Yes.
Clinic: How can I help
you?
Patient: I’d like to ...make...an
appointment to Dr. ..
.Scott....
Clinic: ...Just a
moment,
please... The next ...available...appointment is Friday at ...10:00...a.m.
Patient: Oh, I’m
sorry, I …
can’t make it...then. Are there any ...opening...in the afternoon on Friday?
Clinic: ...Let me
check
.... Yes, you can ...see….him at 3:30 p.m.
Patient:  ...That’s
great
....thank you.
Clinic: May I have
your chart number please?
Patient: Yes, it’s ...z7823....
Clinic: Your name is
Michael Hayes?
Patient: Yes. Okay,
...
so that’s....Friday, ...June 8.., at 3:30 p.m..
Clinic: Yes.
Patient: Thank you.
Bye.
Clinic: Bye.

Conversation 2

Garage: Reliable Auto
Service. Can I help you?
Client: Yes, I was ...wondering...if
 I ...
could... bring my car in this
morning for an ...
oil change....
Garage: No, ...I’m afraid...it’s not possible ...this morning.... We’re really busy.
Client: Okay, ..what
about.
..tomorrow morning?
Garage: Yes, ...tomorrow’s
fine
....
Client: ...Is 9:30 a.m.,
OK
...?
Garage: ...9:30 is
fine
.... May I have your name, please?
Client: Yes, it’s Eric
Cooper.
Garage: Okay, ...9:30
tomorrow.
....
Client: Thank you. ...See
you then
..... Bye.

Conversation 3

Salon: Good morning,
Kelly’s Hair Salon. ...
How may I help you...?
Customer: Oh, hello. I have an appointment to get my hair cut today at 4:00 p.m. but
I’m something’s ...
come up....and I have to cancel it.
Salon: May I have your
name, please?
Customer: Yes, it’s
Kim Sora – S-O-R-A.
Salon: Okay, ...That’s fine.... Would you like to ...book....another appointment?
Customer: ...No, thank
you
  .. , not right now. I’ll call back
to ...
reschedule.. Thank you.
Salon: You’re welcome.
Bye.
Customer: Bye.



No comments:

Post a Comment