Monday 5 October 2015

Workplace English: Monday's assignment

Workplace English: Monday's assignment: Dealing with Culture Shock Task 1: Write two-three paragraphs to describe your experience with culture shock. Talk about the foll...



Task 1:

Write a two-three
paragraphs to describe your experience with culture shock. Talk about the
following areas:
·         
Which stage do you
think yourself at?
·         
Did you pass through
all the stages?
·         
What did you do to
overcome your culture shock?
·         
What kind of advice(s)
would you give to a family member or a friend to help him/her overcome culture
shock?

For me, similar to many immigrants in Canada, have
some culture shock more or less.I remembered a typical thing was I needed to
press the stop button to let the driver know I would get off the next bus stop when
I took the bus in Toronto. Otherwise, maybe I lost my way because the driver
didn’t stop the bus at the bus stop that I should.
Fortunately, my education background, especially
psychology, helps me to pass through all the stages. Maybe benefitting from my
former job career, I seldom complain the culture shock. I’m used to facing the
culture shock and learning the new culture. Then I overcame step by step.


If you want to overcome culture shock, the first
thing you’d better do is don’t nervous. Be relax! Just face to it and learn the
new culture from different ways. After you are familiar to the new one, you
overcome the culture shock naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment