Wednesday 13 January 2016

Workplace English: Wednesday's assignment

Workplace English: Wednesday's assignment: Using Courtesy Expressions Task 1: Listen to the conversation between two friends at a community centre. As you listen, fill in th...

Task 1:
Listen to the conversation between two friends at a community centre. As
you listen, fill in the blanks with the courtesy expressions you hear.
Courtesy expressions are phrases that are
commonly used in daily interactions. They are used in a variety of social
situations to greet people and respond to greetings, to signal the end of
conversations, to say goodbye, and to sympathize, apologize, and express and
respond to thanks.
Lynn: Hi, Julie. How’s it going?
Julie: Pretty good. How about you?
Lynn: Not bad.
Julie: Listen, thanks so much for referring me to Lorraine Holt. I met with her
yesterday and she was very impressed with my resumé!
Lynn: It was my pleasure. I was happy to do it. 
Julie: She’s going to pass my resumé on to
someone else she knows who is hiring right now.
Lynn: That’s wonderful, Julie!
Julie: I’ll let you know what happens.
Lynn: Great. I hope you get the job. By the
way, how is your cat doing?
Julie: Oh, poor Tiger. He got to the point
where he wasn’t eating or drinking so we had to put him to sleep.
Lynn: Oh, Julie, I’m so sorry. Tiger was a wonderful cat.
Julie: Yes, he was. I miss him so much.Anyway, I should
get going
. Mark is picking me
up and he’s probably in the parking lot.
 Thanks again for you help.
Lynn:Don't mention it.
Julie:Have a great weekend.
 Lynn: You too.
Julie: Bye.


Lynn: Bye.  

No comments:

Post a Comment